The Contest is now closed. Thanks so much for all of your amazing entries! We can’t wait to announce the winner this Saturday Dec. 5th at 10 AM at Asheville Habitat ReStore.
Bring your 3D designs to life for a great cause!
Spectra3D Technologies and Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity are teaming up for a holiday-themed contest
Is your head full of visions of sugarplums, snowflakes, Kinara, Menorah, or Santa Claus ornaments? Do you love decorating for the holidays? Here is your chance to design something totally unique while supporting the amazing work of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.
Whether you are a wiz with design software or a true beginner, with the free resources listed below, anybody can design an ornament. For even more help, check out our ornament video tutorials page or the video of our webinar, which is full of great resources.
Our team of judges will select one winner to be showcased in the Asheville Habitat ReStore, as well as on the websites and social media sites for both Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity and Spectra3D Technologies. The winner will receive their choice of a ReStore gift card valued at $100 or a 3Doodler 3D Pen, as well as a free 3D print of their ornament.
3D printable, downloadable files will be made available for sale on Spectra3D Technologies’ online store at www.get3dp.com.
3D printed ornaments will be available for sale at the Asheville Habitat ReStore once the winner has been announced on Dec. 5th.
Proceeds will benefit Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s building programs.
- Entries will be accepted through Dec.1st, 2015 at midnight (12 PM EST).
- Winner will be revealed on Dec. 5th at 10 AM at the Asheville Habitat Restore (31 Meadow Road, Asheville, NC). A live 3D printing demo will take place from 10 AM to 2 PM that day.
- To enter this contest, there is no need to have your own 3D printer. Spectra3D Technologies will be printing the winning designs on their MakerBot Replicator 5th Generation printer. All you need is your imagination and a fun idea!
- For contestants under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must provide written consent to participate.
- Employees of AAHH, and Spectra3D Technologies are not eligible.
- Overall Concept
- Design quality
3D Design Software
- Your ornament should portray the holiday season and represent the spirit of the holidays in Western North Carolina.
- The ornament should include a reference or allusion to Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
- All submissions MUST be in the STL file format and less than 10 megabytes in file size.
- The maximum ornament size should be 4″ x 4″ x 4″.
- If your creativity is running wild, feel free to submit multiple entries.
- We respectfully reserve the right to modify any winning design in order to improve the quality of the final print.
- Winners acknowledge that their design could be mass produced or their files made available for download to be sold with profits to benefit Habitat for Humanity.
- No copyrighted images or 3D models will be accepted.
- All work must be original.
- No payment or purchase is necessary to enter or win. A payment or purchase will not improve your chances of winning.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- The sponsors are in no way responsible for incomplete or misdirected entries or any technical issues that result in the failure to submit an entry.