Find Your 3D
The Internet is full of great resources for 3D printing. From designs that you can download to free software to help you start modeling your own, here are some of our favorite sites. If you have a favorite that we haven’t featured, just drop us a line.
Autodesk 123DApps –
This site has plenty of free resources to get you up and printing.
Autodesk Fusion 360 –
This robust modeling tool offers inexpensive licensing fees as well as free options for students, enthusiasts, hobbyists, and startups.
– a 3D drawing program that starts with lines and shapes to create 3D models.
– TinkerCAD is a free, browser-based design tool.
MakerBot’s online design portal offers one of the best collections of free downloads you will find.
– 3D System’s online design portal offers an online 3D printing hub with tons of downloads and plenty of good information.
My Mini Factory
– A large collection of 3D files. On this site, each file has been test printed to ensure that it is printable.
– This design collection has a massive number of downloadable files.
This search engine pulls files from lots of different sites to give you tons of results.
3D Part Source –
Download industrial designs straight from the source and print them at home, or contact us
to learn more about our printing services.
Lots of files available. The problem with this site is that it can be difficult to find printable files.
Autodesk 123D Gallery –
Lots of cool designs from fellow 3D printers.
Google’s Custom Search 3D Printing
– put in any search term you can imagine and the Google engine will return 3D-specific hits.
Meet Other 3D Printing Enthusiasts
Asheville 3D Printer’s Guild
– Come hang out with us once a month during our Meetups. We have a fun collection of printing enthusiasts from throughout the region.
This site is all about collaboration. Share files with others and get some great feedback.